I went with an open mind trying to find art that best represents me. Boy was that a channellenge, Im very different in everything I do. I like so many things but to relate them to art was/ is hard. I thought be being so diverse in things it would be a little bit easier than it was. So i did my best and this is what i came with.
Blue. I look good in blue and most of my clothes are blue, its a good color that goes with my blonde hair and pale skin. My favorite place is my room which is also blue(sky blue and midnight blue). I like blue because I can day dream in it, its very easy for myself to lose myself thats blue. To me blue is a happy color. Also the balloon reminds me of working with Ed Alonzo during Knott's Haunt. He had a skit where he would make a balloon dog and tell jokes. Im a huge fan of Ed and so it was huge for me to work with him. Honestly it was a dream come true. (p.s. thats my dad, sorry but i trust my parents with my camera, I was also really sick and not picture ready)
These clothes do a few things for my life. 1. I love period clothes/costumes. 2. period costumes help me choose my major which is costume design. 3. these costumes look just like the costumes that were in a play that I work on last year at Cypress college. I have always had a thing for period costumes, sometimes I wish i lived different eras just so I can dress up. Why shouldn't events requite white black tie more often. Who doesn't like to dress up. Costume design was just a thought a few years ago until I got my job at knotts wardrobe and at cypress college's costume shop. Sewing use to be just a skill but now i can make a career out of it and its something that I love that doesn't require me to sit at a desk for hours and be bored out of my mind. beaux stratagem was the play that the school put on and I got to help. I learned a lot from working on this, one actors hard to work with and that directors may not even know the correct era but still want whatever the director wants. With costume design as my major I must learn how to deal with directors and constants changes. The play was a big part of my stitching career that im gratefull for.
Anger. I can sometimes have a short temper but usually i feel this way about my brother. Just about everything my older brother does, I feel red fireiry flames running through me but i usally walk away from so i don't get to upset with him. Theres just things that he does bring this out in me. I wish I could name a time that he comes and visits when I don't feel this way but for the past 5 years this how i feel about him and the things he does.
Many times in my life i have felt the way the person in the blue in front of the stage has felt. My sister any time she comes over takes center stage, and every one gives her attention not me. Im not saying I want full attention but i wish they didn't pass over me like the person is red/orange is doing over the person in blue, not even noticing someone is there. My sister says it doesn't happen but it does. This painting when i saw made me think of all the holidays and dinners that my sister attends and how she takes her spotlight center stage.
So I couldn't turn this one around on here for some reason but either way you get the gist of it. This represents my room. Its always a mess, no matter how hard I try to keep my room it always ends up messy. This has happen all my life, never been able to keep it clean, my toys, clothes, shoes, music, and movies have been threaten to be taken away if i don't clean my room by certain day, a rule from my parents that i dispiesed for years. When I saw this painting I totally saw the messes on my floor throught out my life, i have many pink clothes, shoes or when the sun hits the floor i get that color on my wood floors, and then since i also have many blue colored clothes it just made sense that this painting represents my life long fight with keeping my room clean.
These sculptures relate to me because i work with my hands. yes everyone does work with their hands but i mean i create with mine through knitting, crocheting, sewing, model making, drawing, sketching, baking, and of course writing. Im also a hands on learner, if can't touch it in any shape or form then ill have trouble understanding it unless i can relate it back to something else. My hands are very important to me, without them i can't type, text, drive, fastforward through commericals, take pictures, and so many other things, and most important sew. I love it so much and you can't sew without hands.
okay so when I saw this modern art piece I thought how everyone complements my hair, mainly my curls. Its like my trademark. I have curly wavy hair so when friends see me with straight hair its weird for them. I comb my curls out to get them nice and fluffy and ready for what im going to conquer next. My curls make me very confident and that i can face anything thrown my way. So my curls are a big part of me. :)
Not quite art but still pretty. this reminds me of my childhood and even my adulthood. My mom would always call us in from play time to have tea and say the rosary (i wasn't kidding about the very catholic upbringing), which to me and my siblings was nap time, tea time was awesome. it was a snack after playing for hours upon hours which little but very good. When ever i see a tea set or smell tea i remember running up the apparent stairs opening the door to the scent of tea, tea sandwiches, and cookies. I love my mom for doing this because its a great habit for my life. When I saw this thats totally what i thought of my childhood and some what my adulthood, when im having a bad my mom will set up tea for me because she knows it was a happy part of my life. I also love tea next to coffee.
Well thats my "art collection" and the stories behind each art piece.I tried really hard to find stuff that would represent me and I even tried to use modern art (not the biggest of it). All in All i think i did my best. I know that I found stuff that reminded me of my childhood and stuff that represents my feelings in my life about my family. I took a slight different road to this assignment by matching my life emotions to art rather than stuff that decipts my life. If I did art that was super on point on my life, there would be baseball paintings, shoes, Golden age hollywood, sinatra, and etc. But thats what the collage is for I guess is which ill be posting next.
No comments:
Post a Comment