Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Venice Beach

Finally made my way to Venice Beach! I had a blast once i found the place to paint. It was a minor adventure. Im old fashion and went with my parents. It was fun because my parents have never been there either. All new experience all around. Well I got to the "permit office" and it said it was closed on sudays. I freaked out a little but then my dad found a cop and explained everything and the cop goes oh well there should be a guy there watching the walls. So we found the guy and i got my permit. He showed me  where i could paint so I did my little tag.  The guy was surprised that it didn't take me long, i had everything planned out!.

IHS is a catholic thing, its what I tagged on the wall. there is a well-known story of constantine's vision of the corss. in the year 312 this non-Christian leader was marching on Rome to engage Maxentius. At the Mulvian bridge over the Tiber, he met the foe who stood between him and Rome. he reported that the night before, in a dream Constantine had seen a luminous cross and heard the words in hoc signo vinces (in this sign you will conquer). he inscribed the cross and motto on his soldiers shields. on Oct. 28, 312, there occurred one of the decisive military engagements of history, in which Maxentius lost the battle and his life. The West was Constantine's. (The Catholic Source book)


here are more pictures that i took.
I wish i had that talent for letters and spray paint. ^

now these pictures i saw at the restaurant that i ate at, and i really liked because it celebs through out the years. From Charlie Chaplin to Liza Minelli to Pam Andersen.

well thats my adventure in Venice Beach...oh yeah the muscle builders grossed me out with just walking around in speedos. ewwww. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment