If you all recall that in the first day of class, I asked if posting my sewing/craft projects count for the class. I love to sew. I love buying fabric and see it transform in to a dress, shirt, skirt, shorts, or whatever. I feel so accomplished when I finish something. i learned how to sew from my mother and she inspired me to do it too. Also Disney's Cinderella helped to. This is my favorite scene:
I have made many things over the years and of course my mother helped until i was ready to do most of it on my own. I kept sewing a secret in High School because I was already called geeky jock. After high school I got a job at Knott's Berry Farm in their wardrobe department. It was the best thing that happen to me. A job right out of high school, and something Im interested in.
Here are some photos of my station at Knotts and the curtains i made this past friday. Apparently none of the other ladies want to make curtains for the park so now its my job. I didn't mind since i got to practice my straight lines along with being able to bust out 6 curtains in about 6 hours. I was pretty proud of myself.
sorry some aren't 100% clear but still easy to make out what it is.
I also really like to bake. I love making cupcakes. When I full day, I'll them from scratch. When I don't i make them from a box but I add to them, spices, flavoring. Well today my boyfriend bought me some oranges, okay not some but tons, like two shopping bags worth. Again another disney movie inspired me to bake. This time it was Snow White.
So with all the oranges I found a recipe for Orange Cream Pie, I had never made crust before so it was fun and an adventure at the same time. I learned a lot because I have never had a pie and found out that it is an art form of its own from cupcakes. here are some photos. by the way citrus in a cut stings like no other!
And that was my weekend besides studying. I also went to a club for a friends birthday. I would post pictures but i don't have have permission of my friend's friends. It was fun, lots of dancing and lots of sleeping the next day. See you all in class!!
mmmmmmm..... home baked pie.....
ReplyDeleteWait!?
*I* didn't get any pie! :(
hahaha - nice post! :)