So far this week sucks, i have 3 tests total this week. I want sleep, I should be doing something with school so I'm blogging which totally counts!!! I do have to say i love this class because there is no book and i can totally watch Netflix while I blog too (watching season 5 Grey's Anatomy right now). Last night i got 3 hours of sleep I made the mistake of drinking coffee late in the night studying for my communication class and i should continue reading for my history test but here I am blogging to get points and I'm pretty sure no will read this. I know this weekend will also be full of no sleeping. Working on my identity project, artist research (more like continue though) and of course going to the Museum.
I have never heard of this Museum so I'm really excited to see what they have in their collection. It sounds like they have a wide range of art similar to the Norton Simon. I really can't wait, I know I have said that I love going to museums but I just do. There's so much a person can learn from art besides color, paint stroke, detail, and different kinds of paints.
One can learn about the certain cities and how they use to look, how people lived, shopped, dealt with work, how men and women went out on dates, what picnic use to look like without all of the technology people bring with them today, to see that hundreds of years ago people loved their dogs as much as people do. As the saying goes there are a thousand words to a picture. I like to put historic facts in a thousand of words. I have a very high imagination so sometimes I can day dream into paintings for hours, coming up with stories, what I would do if i was in the land, time, situation. I get inspired to make costumes or a painting will give me color ideas for the stage costumes, or dress I want to make. There are so many reasons to look at paintings instead of just something nice to hang up. And not all great art is a jillion dollars.
My parents got Christ Leaving the Praetorium for under 20 dollars at a garage sale years ago. Its not a print but an original etching. Its beautiful and I have on many occasion lost myself day dreaming in it. (I swear I'm not a religious freak but i do have a strong catholic up bringing) Here's an internet copy of it. (Yes, im too lazy to go take picture but soon ill take an actual picture of it. :] )
I love this etching because there is so much going on it, there are people just wanting to get to the market, go to their business, and some people weeping while some are cheering. There is just so much emotion going in. My favorite person in this in the girl walking on top of the wall following Christ so it seems, but she seem like an angel. With her sleeves flying up as she moves it can be mistaken for angel wings you know. Well anyways I try to talk about my favorite pieces when we don't have a class! If someone actually read this then awesome! see you in class later today.

"I'm pretty sure no one will read this"
ReplyDeleteOMG - talk about NO faith!!! :P