Sunday, April 24, 2011

Matthew Barney



OK i know this clips from his movie but i can't post a whole movie on here. Matthew barney has created his own universe of Alice in wonderland. These clips obviously show that he likes that story, the video has the white rabbits, the pink creature that creates havoc, random animal creatures instead of the talking flowers. He created a whole series like this too. Granted I haven't seen any of the movies but with presentation in class it shows that Barney does like the story of Alice if not i can find references to it but then again a lot things do. Another major key element to my Alice theory is that the video starts with a whole then goes to white rabbits. in the middle there is even a game similar to croquette. I may be wrong but it does seem like that also the colors are very psychedelic which I'm guessing is because of his birth in San Fran. Barney's work is interesting and out of this world and I can see why he like Bjork, they both out of this world or what is known as the main stream world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment