It was also really cool to see that the gallery was part of the Long Beach Art Walk. Many galleries are put on the streets of 3rd, 4th and i believe 5th street. The members were excited about being part of the Long Beach Art Walk. It was like seeing a kid on Christmas morning, they were jumping around and talking about how much more people they can add to their list for emails, facebook, and mailings.
Here all the pictures I took and then some that I borrowed:
sorry this one came out blurry. ^
This painting was sooooo cool because the colors are so dark but with the flash of my camera so much more color showed up. without the flash there is no purple to see and the decreasing of the black to coral isn't as detailed without the flash.
These were my favorite for so many reasons. 1. I love pizza, 2. I love music 3. they popped more than the other paintings. 4. THEY'RE ON CASSETTES!!! Talk about recycling!
I also liked this one for the transparent and what one thinks when he or she see its. When I saw it i thought about how California use to be property of Mexico and filled with cowboys and now that we moving far far from that romanticism of the old west its slowly disappearing.
The painting with the bug and the one above are from the same artist! These had similarities with style and color. The red popped a lot in these. The artist was there too, really cool guy, laid back and easy to talk to.
My friend and her cousin the back round. We like to take pictures a lot so i told her to do her model face. :)
This is the outside of the venue and here are people going in and out of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment