Sunday, April 24, 2011

Rober Rauschenberg

Wow this collage says everything major about the 1960s! you got the space race, Vietnam, JFK, Bobby Kennedy. Janice Joplin ( with a low top I may add), the protesters in the upper right hand corner, the death of Martin Luther King Jr., the civil riots that went on. I mean you could can show history class this and ask what do they see and what are the impacts of this collage. Its 100% American and tells so much just with the pictures. Robert Rauschenberg is a genius for creating this!!! I wonder if he knew what he was creating when he made this, well yeah I'm sure he knew but years later when all this stuff is huge in the history books, and pretty much every one in this is dead.( yeah I know sad but its true, The Kennedy brothers, Martin Luther King Jr., Janice are all gone) I mean seriously this collage sums up the 1960s pretty well with the exception of the British invasion but this collage clearly only shows the American side of the 1960s. but man I'm really impressed by this. His other work is great but this just stands out so much. Each picture tells a huge story, also each picture gives an emotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment