So My artist project got changed to writing about my friends art group WECAN.
First off WECAN stands for Wilmington Enrichment Community Artist Network.
"Promotes and supports the arts in Wilmington and the greater Los Angeles area through art exhibitions, performances, cultural events, and workshops.
Based in the “Heart of the Harbor” we are a collective dedicated to providing and inspiring others to create and engage within the community through art. By creating a platform for engagement, we hope to spark interest in others throughout our area.
WECAN wishes to collaborate with local venues throughout the “Heart of the Harbor” and the greater Los Angeles area in order to provide the community with a safe space to share and celebrate local talent and creativity.
We are in the process of developing interactive workshops and events focused on themes including, but not limited to the following: Art techniques, Health and Wellness, Cinema, Cuisine, and much more!"
-www.wecan-la.com
When I inteviewed my friend Monica, she pretty much gave me the same answer above, so I thought i'd use their description. after all they all co-wrote the description so why would it not be the same.
Also another website of their's is facebook of course. Please add them as a friend. I can garndtee you'll learn something everyday from them. They'll post artist birthdays (artists being rappers, singers, bands, actors, painters, scupltors, and much more) its amazing,I truely do learn something everyday from them. My favorite thing about their facebook page that they'll do an ARTIST OF THE DAY. It can be wide range from anyone, I learn more about artists this way because some the people mentioned aren't in art history books, galleries, pieces at the norton simon, the gettys', the huntington library. They give so much info to enrich one's life and even day. Today's artist is
http://www.facebook.com/#!/wecanart
In my own opinion the best thing about WECAN is that they will show pretty much anyone's art. Age doesn't matter to them.
Here is the group putting their last exhibit together as a group. It takes them roughly about a month a half to set up.
See there's the candy I was talking about!! ^^

When I inteviewed my friend Monica, she pretty much gave me the same answer above, so I thought i'd use their description. after all they all co-wrote the description so why would it not be the same.
Also another website of their's is facebook of course. Please add them as a friend. I can garndtee you'll learn something everyday from them. They'll post artist birthdays (artists being rappers, singers, bands, actors, painters, scupltors, and much more) its amazing,I truely do learn something everyday from them. My favorite thing about their facebook page that they'll do an ARTIST OF THE DAY. It can be wide range from anyone, I learn more about artists this way because some the people mentioned aren't in art history books, galleries, pieces at the norton simon, the gettys', the huntington library. They give so much info to enrich one's life and even day. Today's artist is
http://www.facebook.com/#!/wecanart
In my own opinion the best thing about WECAN is that they will show pretty much anyone's art. Age doesn't matter to them.
Here is the group putting their last exhibit together as a group. It takes them roughly about a month a half to set up.
Slangair Residency! 02.07.11 - 03.26.11
Heres some of their music days/nights , WECAN popular lens is the fish lens, its fun and very intringing since everyone doesn't know when the pictures are being taken. I love looking at the people in the background.
If you wish to submit art work you can find this form underneath at their website. www.wecan-la.com please go for it. Everyone's got to start somewhere.









No comments:
Post a Comment